VINITA AHIRWAL SIMRYA
Mobile: +447939471974 ~ E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
In pursuit of career enhancing opportunities in the field of:
~ Hedge Fund Accounting ~ Client Relationship Management ~ Process Operations ~
Highly self – Motivated and goal Oriented professional with 5.2 years of experience in the field of Hedge Fund Middle-Office Operations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with problem solving and analytical abilities.
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage assignments with competing priorities
• Proven organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize own work
• Strong problem-solving skills and proven ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement
• Excellent goal setting, organization and planning skills
01/2012 – Current – Career Break
London, United Kingdom
Relocated to London to follow Spouse’s career and full-time parent of 2 boys during pre-school years
Whilst on my Career Break
I volunteered part time as a Teaching Assistant to help children appearing 11+ exams
Also worked part time as Remote Financial Administrator for AJ Sales and Distributions (India)
• Keeping Records of Inventory and Sales
• Processing Invoices and Receipt and Inputting receipt to a spreadsheet.
• Receivables and Payables
• Preparing Monthly Reconciliation of accounts
09/11 – 2/2012. Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) – Mumbai, India
Associate – Global Hedge Fund on Boarding
• Process positions for existing hedge funds on an ongoing basis.
• Evaluate the completeness and accuracy of the input data each cycle.
• Reconcile the input data with other available data points each cycle.
• Evaluate the appropriateness of risk results derived from input data each cycle (with guidance from the New York-based team and the hedge fund manager).
• Communicate and negotiate with all parties involved on all points above
• Report progress and status to management (status of funds in queue, metrics for processing, etc.)
• Create and maintain a working relationship with fund administrators, prime brokers, etc.
• Handle ad-hoc requests.
Mar’07 – Sept 11 – GlobeOp Financial Services India Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai ,India
Mar’07 – Dec’08Associate
Since Jan’09 Senior Associate
• Providing administrative services to Hedge Fund Clients consisting of funds from US, UK and Singapore.v
• Uploading trade files received from Managers in Kondor. ( Kondor is a Trade capturing system and also has the Replica of Managers Portfolio). Identifying the failed trades & rectifying with the clients to get the trade’s auto-load in Kondor+ with correct details.
• Having the Securities setup in the trade capturing system to have the trades loaded if a particular security has been traded for the first time on the client’s platform.
• Ensuring trades are being forwarded to Prime Broker (PB) for settlement.
• Reconciling the cash, position & trade between Hedge Fund Managers and Prime Brokers (PB) on closure of business basis.
• Performing daily reconciliation of client accounts between the internal trade capture and accounting systems (Kondor and Geneva) and the Custodian or Prime broker statements.
• Coordinating between the client and the custodians for resolving queries and pending cases.
• Tracking corporate actions, coupons and interests which the client is to claim from counterparty/Prime Broker and making the clients are in the receipt of the same as per the value date
• Products handled are Equity, Spot, Forwards, NDF (Liquidation and Settlement) , Futures and Options, Warrants, Bonds, Bond Coupon/ bond accruals (Confirming the Coupon and Accrual rate with the Bloomberg and having it setup in the static data after the confirmation of Fund Manager and reconciling the same with the prime broker), CFD’s, TBA, Repos, CDS, EQO, FXO and Bank debts.
• Checking Daily P&L, escalating any issues arising out of pricing differences to the Pricing team to make sure that the reports provided to the fund managers are accurate.
• Preparing Payment and Receive instructions through Wires for the transfer of funds from Client to PB or Counterparties and vice versa.
• Coordinating with Project Management Group which works on the internal automated reconciliation project (GoRec) meant for automating the Manual Cash/ Position and Trade reconciliations process across the firm and testing the processes on UAT.
• Taking initiatives and handling new Client launches / migrations by coordinating with the Fund Managers and Prime brokers.
• Led investigation, research and analysis of breaks arising out of the daily reconciliation process between Geneva and prime brokers and resolving the same.
• Looked after confirmation and bookings of different corporate actions and other trades on behalf of the Clients into the internal accounting system Geneva.
• Participated in the weekly scheduled Conference calls between the respective clients (Hedge Fund Managers) and the Prime Brokers to discuss and resolve the outstanding breaks.
10/06 – 01/07 – ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company, Mumbai,India
Financial Services Consultant
• Worked with the largest and leading distribution networks among Private Life Insurers in India.
• Focused on direct marketing channel.
• Worked on provided leads and generation of the new business through relationship management.
• Led sales closing and coordinated with Operation and Issuance Departments.
• Reuters and Bloomberg.
• MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and other Internet Applications.
• Excellent interpersonal skills,
• Direct marketing,
• Financial Market
• Hedge Fund operations knowledge
• Administrative operations
2006 Devi Ahilya University － Indore (India)
Master of Business Administration: Finance, Marketing
2004 Barkatullah University － Bhopal (India) B.Com: Accounts
Organization: Standard Chartered Mutual Fund, Bhopal
Project Scope: To study the current investment avenue and level of awareness of mutual fund in the city of Bhopal.
Project Title: Ratio Analysis of Annual Accounts
Languages known: English and Hindi
Date of Birth: 12/11/1981.
Updated 2 weeks ago