A highly motivated and strategic project management student with a civil engineering background and relevant experience in construction engineering. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Revit, Excel and well-versed in AutoCAD, effective team player with a special interest in Industrial and systems engineering. Currently seeking a dynamic role where technical expertise can add value to the strategies and processes of an organisation.
· A high-level user of Autodesk AutoCAD and appropriate skills in Autodesk Revit.
· Microsoft Office- Efficient user of Microsoft Packages (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
· An advanced beginner of writing C# codes in Visual Studio.
· Monitored quality control and independently performed specific gravity and compressive testing on asphalt concrete.
· Analysed survey reports, drawings and topographical data from road construction sites.
· Worked as a business analyst on a software development project with five team members.
· Coordinated project management simulations with Cesim Software and Edumondo for group projects.
· Used Gantt Charts, Ms Teams, PMBoK and Agile PM methodologies for group projects.
· Effective written and verbal communication of technical reports.
Coventry University January 2020- December 2020
MSc Engineering Project Management
Predicted Grade: Merit
Key Modules: Advanced Experiential Project Management, International Strategic Project Management, Global Professional Development, Project Management, Engineering Management Frameworks, Change Management, Management of Quality
September 2015- July 2019
BSc Civil Engineering (Average mark 73%)
Key Modules: Civil Engineering Materials, Engineering Technology, Hydrology, Timber and Steel Design Geotechnical Engineering, Water Resource Engineering, Construction Management, Road Engineering, Soil Mechanic
Dissertation: Study of the Impact of Make-Shift transportation Systems on Traffic Flow in Ghana
Planning – Research and recommend sustainable strategies to improve traffic flow in Ghana
Testing and Analysis – Usage of a speed radar gun to record data of vehicular speed of vehicles for a selected section on the Madina Road, Ghana to analyse the area of potential traffic congestion.
Final Report Presentation – 11,000-word report submission, pitched face-to-face with 4 random Central University Civil Engineering lecturers.
Results – Achieved a combined grade of 75% (Second Class Upper) for report and presentation.
Aburi Girls Senior High School, Ghana November 2011- May 2014
WASSCE: Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics
Including Geography, A English, B
Ghana Highway Authority July 2018 – August 2018
Assistant Surveyor (Internship)
· Project coordination – Attended daily progress meeting with surveyors to discuss design issues and safety concerns.
· Developing joint reporting systems – Securely shared project ideas and reviewed contributions.
· Technical role – Kept accurate notes, records, sketches to describe and certify the work performed and calibrated the test equipment.
· Presentation – Analysed survey objectives and specifications, utilizing knowledge of survey in presenting ideas.
Applied Professional Experience
Ghana Highway Authority September 2019 – January 2020
Asphalt Laboratory Assistant
· Teamwork – liaised with my colleagues to extract asphalt samples from sites for testing and analysis through an effective coordination of roles.
· Technical operation – Evaluated the quality and strength of the aggregates and in charge of finding the economical mix that suited the specified requirements and performed asphalt tests (Extraction of Bitumen and Gradation of aggregates, Marshall Test, Asphalt Core Density and Specific Gravity)
· Maintenance – Ensured the safety and proper storage of materials and equipment used on site and in the laboratory.
· Communication – interacted and maintained a network with stakeholders and managers, periodically discussing the outcomes of the results and the potential outcomes of the assigned tasks.
· Organisation – coordinated daily tasks effectively to meet deadlines and analysed results with Microsoft Excel.
· Flexibility – Adapted to complex issues in solving problems encountered in the delivery of tasks.
· Customer relations– adapted a positive approach to present solutions to customers in person and on the telephone.
Interests and Achievements
Leadership – Participated in the Ghana Robotics Academy Foundation as a robot designer and lead my team to win a bronze medal in 2012 and a gold medal in 2013.
– Served as the class representative at central university college and this exposed me to opportunities that enhanced my leadership and organizational skills.
Certificates – CMI Certificate in Strategic Management & Leadership Practice (Level 7)
– Agile Project Management Foundation and Practitioner
Travel – Organised and accomplished a tour of Pretoria, South Africa in Winter 2018 and 2019.
Hobbies – Regular volunteer for tutoring math and science to children. I am interested tennis as well as photography and fashion design
References – Available upon request
MSc Engineering Project Management at Coventry University13/01/2020-16/01/2021
- data modelling
- Organisational skills
- team player
- technical writing
Updated 2 months ago