Macaskill Haulage Limited
2000 to 2012
• Acted as driver initially and then promoted to position as Supply Chain Manager and then Transport Manager in 2008. Managed daily operations within the transport dept. of this business delivering haulage services including 3PL refrigeration services to a portfolio of clients; ensuring services delivering in line with customer and contractual requirements and expectations.
• Planned daily routes, deliveries and collections to and from customer sites on a time specific basis supporting clients across the UK and Europe.
• Responsible for dispatching, routing, and tracking of vehicles.
• Acted as lead for container traffic operations from Felixstowe and Southampton. Ensured routes planned efficiently to optimise revenue.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Drivers and Transport Legislation, current health and safety practice and conducted risk assessments.
• Liaised with customers consistently delivering highest levels of service.
• Managed maintenance budget and transport running costs.
• Managed the planned maintenance and service programme for fleet.
• Optimised and managed time for team of 35 drivers and vehicles.
• Maintained and ensured compliance to tachograph and VOSA legislation.
• Ensured drivers completed vehicle, load safety, time sheet and associated documentation,
• Demonstrated competent use of bespoke internal software.
• Key point of contact for clients including Tesco, Safeway, Morrisons and Sommerfield and ensured the timely resolution of issues. Investigated HSE issues as required.
Ovavo International Transport Limited
1996 to 2000
• Established this business from scratch and managed the operational and financial success of this 3PL distribution operation delivering services in the EU and UK.
• Won new business and hauled freight for organisations including P&O, CCC, DFDS.
• Managed day-to-day operations and planning of logistics routes for temperature controlled goods.
• Processed container transport operations from ports including Felixstowe, Southampton and Immingham Acted as key point of contact for clients, identified customer needs and managed queries through to resolution.
• Managed recruitment process, verified driver documents etc.
• Processed invoices and maintaining stringent control of the credit control function.
Lensveld BV – Vlaardingen, NL
1992 to 1996
• Transported heavy and long vehicle plant and machinery across Europe using low loaders and trombone trailers amongst others.
• Demonstrated flexible, adaptable approach to work and in line with business requirements.
• Ensured adherence to company and legislative requirements for driving in Europe.
• Developed extensive knowledge of the geography of Europe.
Macaskills Transport Ltd – Stornoway
1985 to 1992
Macaskills Transport Ltd
1983 to 1985
certification in English, History and Geography
Nicolson Institute – Stornoway
certificates in all microsoft applications, EXCEL, MICROSOFT OFFICE, MS OFFICE, OUTLOOK, Hazmat
national and international certificate of professional competence
July 1984 to Present
• Exemplary communication and organisational skills demonstrated liaising with the customers, suppliers and internal departments.
• A quick learner with an inquisitive mind, committed to pursuing personal development.
• Effective user of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Explorer and Outlook and Access.
• Able to work independently or as a team member.
• Planning and managing own time and efforts to ensure optimum effectiveness.
• Planning, scheduling and coordination, able to make the most of available resources
Updated 12 months ago