Darren Lee Burton
The Annexe, 17 Fifers Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR6 7AE
I am driven to achieving and exceeding business objectives while remaining focused on providing an exceptional standard of service to clients. I possess excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills. Additionally, enjoy being part of, as well as managing and motivating a successful and productive team.
10/14 – Present
Freelance Trainer/ Driver.
• Covering East Anglia and into parts of London but driving on a National and International basis.
• Preparing and writing risk assessments also assisting with staff development and company compliance.
• Developing excellent working relationships with Directors and Middle managers allowed me to excel at my chosen roles
• In September 2017 I have undertaken a contract role as an Operations Manager to enhance a small coach company. Also involved in this is policy writing and staff employment and training.
10/12 – 10/14
Anglian Bus Ltd, PSV Driver/ Fitter
• Driving along predefined bus routes, dealing with traffic, stop-and-go driving and
providing assistance and advice to passengers at the same time.
• Aiding the Training Manager in designing and implementing a new corporate sales brochure for the training department.
04/98 – 09/12
Logistic Co-coordinator/ Centre Manager, JBSA
• Developing positive relationships with potential clients, establishing their business needs and developing solutions based around the JBSA services.
• Additionally, responsible for preparing and presenting detailed campaign analysis and reports.
• Involved in developing partnership deals within aligned markets and territories across Eastern Europe and Asia.
• Piloting and managing the successful development of an agent network in key overseas territories including USA, France, Spain, Macedonia and Italy.
10/95 – 04/98
Senior Sales/ Installation Engineer, DSG Ltd
• Initially undertaking employment as a warehouse Xmas temp role involving logistical co-ordination of deliveries and installation of electrical household items.
• Achieving personal recognition as the top sales person in the company despite only being employed with them for 6 months.
• Facilitating a sales growth for the area by 22% during the first year alone
7 G.C.S.Es at grade C and above including: English, Math, Science, French, Spanish, Geography, History.
1996 NVQ 2 in Retail,
1998 National Licensee Certificate, 1998/ 2001/2004/2007 and 2009 First aid at work
2009 NVQ 2 in Conflict Management,
2015 Emergency first Aid at Work
2018 Education and Training Level 3 (PTTLS Equivalent)
2018 Internal Quality Assurance Level 4
2018 Health and Safety Level 2 Instructor
2018 Fire and Safety Level 2 Instructor
Key IT skills
Word, excel, PowerPoint, internet and email also sage accounting. Including various engineering software for design, fault diagnosis and solution providing.
In 1999, I started working as a part time/ casual Door Supervisor and Close Protection Officer providing security provisions for venues across Norfolk and East Anglia.
In 2006, I Launched DLB securities which provides book-keeping, accountancy and consultation services to small businesses and sole traders, which on the 5th of April 2018 became DLB Global Solutions Ltd. (Company Number 11293886)
Date of Birth: 19/04/1979
Driving license: Full with no points.
Interests include: Martial Arts, Travelling and Cooking.
References and full psychometric evaluations can be made available to any occupational health officer and HR department upon request.
Updated 1 year ago