Due to continued growth and development, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Manager to take responsibility for all vehicle compliance within out fleet based at Horwich, Bolton. You will be reportable to the depot manager as well as the team of directors & the CEO.
We are looking for a strong leader, who has exceptional people skills, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure. Therefore you will already have and can demonstrate experience in:
• To be able to work both reactively and proactively; organising breakdown cover as well as ensuring parts are available for routine maintenance.
• Managing and leading a team of people in different roles, whilst being able to develop, train and motivate the team.
• Flexibility, multi- tasking and agility are essential in this role.
• Efficient in both man management as well as paperwork management
• Being able to build good working relationships with suppliers.
• Ensure exceptional level of compliance to the company whilst measuring the efficiency of the operation.
• Experience of working within a transport environment.
• Knowledge of transport legislation.
• Experience and/or mechanical knowledge in a transport environment.
• Knowledge of HGV service and MOT scheduling.
• Experience of managing a team
• Ability to work on your own initiative, working to strict deadlines
• A good communicator both verbal and written
• Good PC skills
• A flexible team based approach
• General awareness of health and safety
Pay and Benefits Package:
Salary dependant on experience & skill set
Company pension scheme
Holidays: 20 days per annum plus statutory bank holidays
Long-term security with a well established family run business